Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Monday 16 August 2010

Review of Strictly Writing website

Strictly Writing is a blog set up and run by a group of professional writers. There are two very good reasons for visiting this blog.
1.     They run a short story competition which is free to enter but which offers cash prizes of £300.00 and publication on the website. That’s a good enough reason on it’s own, for me. And I have, in fact, entered. It’s easy enough. You just stick your story into the body of an email and away you go. Simple. I love things that are simple and that might, just might, involve me in receiving money.
2.     The site is crammed full of entertaining, interesting, professional, amusing, well-written, considered and relevant advice, tips, information and inspiration. You could do worse than browse the archives here. There is bound to be something to interest even the most experienced of writers as well as the newbie. But, don’t take my word for it; have a look. http://strictlywriting.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html


Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Sounds like a good place. Will click on over and check them out.

Leslie said...

Hi Stuart, I found you on book blogs and am now a follower. Your site is very informational and I appreciate what you are doing. This sounds like a great place for aspiring writers.
Thank you for sharing, I really like the writing contest tab as well as the website you posted.
Thanks,

Steven Jensen said...

'Your site is very informational and I appreciate what you are doing.'

Seconded. Spot on, Wrighton. :)

SL Dwyer said...

Good morning Stuart,
Great information once again. Really like your blog and follow as much as follow.
Going to check out this place and let you know. Might even enter a short story.

stuartaken.net said...

Thank you for all your positive comments, they are much appreciated.