Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Tuesday 2 November 2010

An Open Invitation to Readers to Express Their Views

DiscussionImage via Wikipedia
I’m thinking of introducing some topics of controversy on this blog, as an occasional feature. My intention here is to stimulate discussion. Naturally, as the site owner, I will be deciding what topics we discuss. BUT I would greatly appreciate your input as readers. So, if you have a particular subject you would like to have discussed in depth, or superficially, or if you simply want the chance to say a few words on something that you care about, please let me know. Simply make a comment at the foot of this post and I will try to find a way to start a discussion on the topic.
So, it’s up to you.
My first such post was going to be about the existence, or otherwise, of God. So, nothing serious or heavy here (for those who don’t get irony, this is an ironic statement). However, events have made me change my mind. Watch for the post in a few days time.
The rules for participation?
Only one, really: no gratuitous insults or offensive comments, please.

Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have bookmarked this, I'll try to think of something controversial. I just started a new Wordpress blog today, I'll publicise it more when I have a few blogs for people to read. I am guest blogging and want to continue to do that for a while at least.

I am considering serialising one of my novels in a Wordpress blog, I don't think it's been done before and serialisation has worked in newspapers. What do you think? It's a raunchy, erotic novel about a 18 year old girl getting abducted by a 'pervert'. Will anyone want to read it? :)

stuartaken.net said...

You'll have had my private response to this, Mike.
I look forward to your ideas for topics.
Anyone else out there going to come up with anything?

Raven Corinn Carluk said...

My quick comment on the existence of God. i know he exists. he just stays out of my way, because it's easier for his followers like that.

stuartaken.net said...

Well, Raven, I'll be interested to know what you have to say when I've posted my piece. However, contrary to what I placed in this post, I have another topic to deal with first, as I think now is the time to introduce it.
Watch this space.

author Christa Polkinhorn said...

Bring it on, Stuart. I can't think of anything more controversial than the U.S. election circus and I don't want to talk about that.
Christa

stuartaken.net said...

That's fine, Christa. At least you have ideas. I've a few topics of my own up my sleeve, but I was hoping for input from my readers.

Raven Corinn Carluk said...

My reading comprehension totally failed me. Making me look silly.

There is gay rights, and politics and shadow governments, and the green movement. Urban sprawl, and evil corporations. Racism, sexism, agism. Lots of fun stuff.

stuartaken.net said...

Raven, you're a star. These are all excellent suggestions. I'll have fun dealing with these in due course. Thank you. Keep visiting.