Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Saturday 1 January 2011

The Science Fiction Anthology is Complete

Ten Tales for Tomorrow, a collection of ten of my science fiction and speculative fiction shorts, is now uploaded to Smashwords. It takes about a week for them to approve a new text and place it into their Premium Catalogue. It is, however, available to buy right now, should you want to do that. I've priced it at $0.99 (they only do dollar prices, but this converts to about £0.63 for UK readers).
If you want to read the stories but don't have an eReader, you can read it on your PC or Mac by choosing the PDF format. If you don't have a PDF reader on your home computer, you can download the Adobe Reader free from here.

The Kindle version can be bought here for UK and here for USA


And here is a review by: Penny Grubb on Jan. 27, 2011:
This is vintage Aken. He is a master of the short story and can get inside the hearts of minds of an incredible array of characters - not always human. Each story draws you into its world and compels you to stay to the end, even if some of these worlds are not so nice. The writing style is both rich and lean. Not a word to spare but everything said.

Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

Linda Acaster said...

Or readers can download - for FREE - e-reading applications from Amazon (for the mobi format) or from Adobe (for the e-Pub format). I think it makes a better reading experience.

Stuart, that is a *cracking* cover. I shall nip across to Smashwords and indulge some of my Christmas cash. Best of luck with it!

stuartaken.net said...

Lovely, thanks Linda. Hope you're the first of many! Enjoy.

April Taylor said...

I don't normally read SF, but you have such a unique voice, Stuart, I kept reading the sample. I agree with Linda. The cover is amazingly good. Sadly, I can't indulge my Christmas cash because I'm hoping to get to London to a lecture by Alison Weir in the Tower and will need every penny for the train. However, I think even I can afford 63p! Let us know how your sales go.

stuartaken.net said...

Thanks, Avril. It's also now done for Kindle, but will take a while to show on the Amazon site. Let you know on the sales once Smashwords register them - you know how slow some of these things can be.

Jack Eason said...

Let me know when it appears on amazon.co.uk please Stuart - thanks :)

stuartaken.net said...

Tis there now, Jack - the link is http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=stuart+aken&x=12&y=18

stuartaken.net said...

Just to make it easier, I've pasted the links to Amazon Kindle versions in the post now.