Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Saturday 19 March 2011

Edit, Edit and More Edit.

Last night's TV marathon kept me up until the early hours, and, after all that sitting, we felt the need for a bit of movement and fresh air, so took a short walk. Home and in bed just before 03.30, so up rather late this morning.
Nevertheless, I've corrected another 5 chaps of book 1 and edited another 2 of book 2. All still going well, I'm both pleased and surprised to report.
More blog posts done and scheduled. Emails answered, social networks commented on and Valerie helped with her bowls stuff on the laptop.
Now it's time for some R & R. Kate is out for the night at a friend's, nearer the coast, so she can take some sunrise pictures tomorrow - let's hope the sky is friendly to her.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

Lesley Cookman said...

Had to record it from midnight onwards, so watched the rest (skipping bits I didn't want to watch) last night. And today, I'm editing, too!

stuartaken.net said...

You see, you were obviously sensible about it, Lesley. Good luck with the editing.

David Ferretti III said...

Hello Stuart,

I took five years to write and edit my first book. As I say on my blog, If I had known how hard it was to edit my book, I would have done that initially, then written it. My sequel is 72% complete--including editing. I write one scene at a time, wait a day and review it. This process usually adds or fills in the scene. By the third day, the scene is written and edited, and I move on to the next scene.

stuartaken.net said...

We all have our own way of doing things, don't we, David? I can't get into editing until I have the whole of the creative process complete. Once I've finished the story, I start the edit. If I did it any other way, I'd never complete a story!