Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Tuesday 22 November 2011

#NaNoWriMo progress on day 22 = 91,289 words

Still going strong. The NaNoWriMo challenge has proved a great motivator and continues to drive me on toward my target. Over 3/4 of the way there now and 9 days to go, so I should make it, given a fair wind and no disasters.
Tuesday is a full day at the office for me, so I rose early and did 1,900 words before I left for work. Back home, and Valerie fed and watered me, so I could get on with the next session. Another 1,100 or so words took me to the current total of 91,289.
The Wordle graphic displays the word priorities that exist in chapter 25.
The story has now moved into a more intense portion, with the humour often replaced by the aspects of the novel that will enable it to bear the title of 'thriller'. I'm still pleased with the progress, but the writing is a little less fun than it is during the humour phases. Still, the contrast between action and humour is an essential element in the story and I'm happy that the framework remains on track, even if a little distorted from the original pattern envisaged. The general direction remains the same, though the conclusion has altered a little from that I set out with. The characters are interacting well, with the villains making capital off the heroes. And our poor victim, who is actually a strong woman overcome by circumstances beyond her control, is facing the dangers stoically and lives in hope that her hero will rescue her before anything too terrible happens to her.

And just a note about this post. It's my 800th on the blog.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: