Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Friday 25 November 2011

#NaNoWriMo progress on day 25 = 106022 words

Today's work on the NaNoWriMo challenge has increased the total by 5,948 words to 106,022 words, which is 88% of my 120,000 word target. And, again, the Wordle graphic illustrates the most frequently used words. This one is of the last complete chapter, no 30. I reckon I have 4 chapters to go, but the story might only require another 3; not sure at present. But as long as I complete the actual story by the end of the month, I'll be happy.
The London move turned out to be only a stage in the journey, which ended up in Essex. The hero's now completed his task in that location and is on his way back home, via, no doubt, a number of barriers and hurdles to be crossed and jumped before he can rest on his laurels. Unless, of course, he should die before he reaches his final destination. Perhaps that is his final destination: death? Could be. But I'm not telling; you'll have to read the book to find out what happens to him and his lover; whether they can ride off into the sunset or whether life is about to deal them the cruellest blow.
Another couple of new characters crept into the last two chapters, but they're so minor I haven't done character sketches for them. There are also one or two facts about geographical locations I'll have to check during the editing process, but the important thing at this stage is to keep the story moving. The details can always be tweaked later on, you see?
So, what will tomorrow bring? I've done for today. Actually, tomorrow may not move us as far forward as I wish since my daughter is home from Uni and wants me to take her out into the local countryside to do some landscape photography for her current assignment, so I might not get much writing done. Fingers crossed, I can manage everything I need to.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: