Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Sunday 28 December 2014

Writing and Running for ME/CFS No.14

A Norwegian Christmas, 1846 painting by Adolph...
A Norwegian Christmas, 1846 painting by Adolph Tidemand. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Writing:
The book is more or less where it was last week. Why? Many reasons, but mostly because it was Christmas and I had other things to do, people to see, happy times to have. Yes. I was having a break from the general work of writing. The coming week promises to be busy for a number of reasons, but I shall be making a real effort to spend some real time on the book. The house move is approaching, and we're awaiting an actual date, which will inevitably lead to more disruption. But things will settle down eventually, and I'll be able to get on with the job. Patience, they say, is a virtue. And it's a quality I came to understand only too fully whilst suffering with ME/CFS. We will get there.

Running:
This week the programme had me down for 2 ten minute runs and a fifteen minute run. I did the one on Monday, no problem. The next was due for Christmas Day, and I decided it was too cold to risk the wild outdoors, so completed that indoors before the family rose for present opening and the day's celebrations. Saturday was a fifteen minute run. Again, the temperature and icy conditions mitigated against an outdoor run and I ran indoors, wending my way around furniture and up and down the hallway for the full time required. Oddly, the indoor attempts seem to be less taxing than those outdoors. I suspect I take shorter strides when indoors; perhaps that takes less effort. In any case, the training continues on course, regardless of weather.

No comments: