Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Accept or Except

Former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair. Blair was...Image via Wikipedia
Away from the desk and all things computer for the moment. So, I’ll keep things going with scheduled blogs dealing with the language we use as writers. I hope you’ll forgive me if I don’t reply to any comments for the time being, but I’m having a very well-earned (I think so, anyway) rest from work for a couple of weeks.


When to use Accept or Except:  


accept: to agree to, to receive, to believe, to answer positively.  ‘Though it pains me say this, I accept your argument about Tony Blair.’


except: excluding, not including, omitting. ‘Raffles, the burglar, took everything except the kitchen sink.’
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: