Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Friday 24 September 2010

Anxious or Eager

Away from the desk and all things computer for the moment. So, I’ll keep things going with scheduled blogs dealing with the language we use as writers. I hope you’ll forgive me if I don’t reply to any comments for the time being, but I’m having a very well-earned (I think so, anyway) rest from work for a couple of weeks.  
When to use Anxious or Eager.


anxious: nervous, uneasy, unquiet.  ‘She was anxious about meeting the new boss, as rumour had it that he was going to dismiss anyone in the workforce who failed to come up to his expectations.’
      
      eager: showing keen interest, intense desire, impatient expectancy. ‘As the new boss of this important    company, he was eager to show the workforce how fair he was.’
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: