Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Friday 10 September 2010

Scottish writer, Kristal McKerrington, Interviewed.

Tattoo Series coverImage by stuartaken via Flickr
Kristal McKerrington is a 20 year old writer from Scotland UK, who loves Tetley Tea, Mochas, Lattés and
McDonalds. She’s a writer who wants to break new ground in writing. 

Hello,
Am so glad to be here today and I would like to thank Stuart Aken for giving me the time on his wonderful blog.
Currently we are getting ready for two releases of mine at XOXO Publishing.
One is 'Freedom Is Earned' a story about a young woman's struggle to find out who tried  
to kill her as she battles to try and save her crew from her rival street Performers group.

The second one is 'The Highlander With The Ink', a Scottish short story all about the
Norse Gods who are trying to find their destined loves in the Modern world, a world so strange they are still to this day unsure of the rules.

What is your working method?

I have a careful and strict routine that I follow to make sure I get the best out of my writing. I start with a cup of tea in the morning, do my emails then I set about working on whatever writing tasks I have to do.  Once that is over then I head off to start of the next piece.  I do take time out always for my readers and the weekly chats we have on the XOXO Publishing Loop. You can join us on the Readers and Author loop on the link below.

How did you come to write this particular book?

I ended up writing 'Freedom Is Earned' after a dear friend of mine died and 'The Highlander With The Ink' was inspired by a range that was started with XOXO Publishing. 'The Highlander With The Ink' is going to be a part of the Tattoo Range at XOXO Publishing.

If you have a favourite character in your novel, why that particular one?

I have to say Marie, she is someone who is in my mind a wonderful character and you never quite know what she is going to do.

How can people buy your books?

You will be able to get my books soon from XOXO Publishing.

Where and when is your novel set and why did you make these specific choices?

I set both of my upcoming pieces in Scotland and I chose it because Scotland is such a beautiful country.

Do you have support, either from family and friends or a writing group?

I have my whole family’s support and an endless amount of support from my friends. My biggest and most appreciated support is that of my readers.

How long does it normally take you to write a novel?

It really depends on inspiration and what my muse is up too. Sometimes it can take a day for my short stories or up to a month for my longer pieces.

What are your inspirations?

People are my inspiration and to be honest without them I would have nothing to work with.

What are you writing now?

Am working on a Steampunk novel called 'A Heart Trapped Inside A Highlander.' A true Steampunk story that you wouldn't want to miss.

Do you have a website or a blog that readers can visit?

Yes I do and you can find me on the following.




Given unlimited resources, what would be your ideal writing environment?

Believe it or not my ideal writing environment would be to have my biggest inspirations become a part of my life.  To be able to write with them and have coffee would be the biggest and most wonderful part of my writing I think. I always need coffee and maybe a nice bottle of wine. Company I find is the best thing for me sometimes.

Where do you actually write?

I have a small corner of my flat, which I share with my boyfriend and it’s known as my writing area.  I practically live there most days and everyone knows when I am writing to not disturb me because to be disturbed could mean I lose something vital to my story.
I would like to say thank you once again to Stuart for having me here and it has been a real pleasure to share with you all. You can find out more about what I have coming out from XOXO Publishing's site and through there if anyone wants an interview they can connect with the media team there. I'm always delighted to answer any questions that readers or writers may have and I will always take time out to answer them.

Link to the XOXO Publishing's Site:-  http://www.xoxopublishing.com/index.html


Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

Kristal's Blog. said...

Hello,

Thank you Stuart for having me here today.

Drea Becraft said...

Great Interview!

Where would we be without our readers!

~~*DREA*~~

Kristal's Blog. said...

Yeah tell me all about it.

Kristal x

stuartaken.net said...

Readers rule, okay!

Thea said...

Best wishes, Kristal! Your story ideas are inspiring!

Carl De Gasperis said...

Congrats Kristal! Your stories are inspiring and you're an inspiration to all young writers with Dyslexia everywhere.