Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Writing: What, Only 250 Words?

Been a long hard day at the boring office where I earn my daily bread. Wanted to write and post the review below this post and then had to deal with 90 odd emails, so not much time for the fantasy novel tonight, and tomorrow I'll be out at the writing group.
Still, 250 words is better than none, and I always try to get something new down on paper each day; if nothing else, it keeps the creative juices flowing.
Currently reading a very thick tome: Robert Jordan's 'The Gathering Storm'. It's a bit heavy to take on the bus, but I'll manage it, no doubt. I haven't read the whole series, but this is one part of the final book, and was recommended by a reading group on Goodreads. As a writer of fantasy, it's good to keep an eye on what is currently being read. Not that my own book is really like Jordan's; although I note there are some similar themes. I'm looking forward to the end of the week, when I can have a really long session of writing again.

Today's picture was taken over the weekend, just down the road from where I live.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Wanton Redhead Writing said...

Stunning pic. Don't feel down over only writing 250 words, 250 good words are far better than 1,000 that just gets the axe later!

stuartaken.net said...

Thanks, Lea. My feeling of inadequacy stems from the fact that I generally manage at least 1,000 at a sitting and often do 3,000, so 250 was a bit low. But, then, I was only at it for 1/4 hour. More to come.