Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Writing: 2200 on the Half Day

Today was my half day at the office, so I was home for lunch, saw Valerie off to her bowls match (praying it didn't rain for her) and Kate off for her final A level exam (good luck). Settled down to the epic fantasy and produced 2,200 words of tension. Close the denouement now, with only 8,661 words to reach my target of 200,000. But I will exceed that, as I need more than 2 chapters to reach the conclusion. But I'm still on target to complete this first draft before I take the break from the computer.
Tonight is my writing group night, so I'll be off to the coast shortly (36 mile round trip, but it's worth it for the members of this group). On Saturday, Penny Grubb, one of our members, is having the launch of her third crime novel featuring her female private eye. The Jawbone Gang will be available to be signed by her at the local WH Smiths in Beverley if anyone wants to visit between 11.00 and 12.30. I'll be there myself to buy the book. The first two in the series were both really good reads, so I'll be taking this one with me to read under the sun.
Last cup of tea before I leave. So I'll wish you all a very good night.

No comments: