Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Friday 14 October 2011

But it'll be Worth it, Won't it?

Having spent the last few days on some domestic labours, I am slowly getting back into the groove of writing. There was the turning bay we had designed for the front garden; a necessity for the future when our daughter, now at university, will no doubt want her own car and somewhere to park it. That little job, requiring the laying of 31 edging stones and 3 tons of gravel, we have now completed.
Then I decided to redecorate and re-organise my study, having been encamped in here for 11 years without change. I've got the new carpet down, the painting all done and the furniture repositioned. Today, I put back the shelves that live two walls and started returning the books to these. But, it struck me that i had lost track of what books I have, so I decided to catalogue them as I was re-shelving them. It's an interesting and worthwhile task as I've discovered books I'd forgotten I had and haven't yet read, and others I have read but had forgotten. So far, I've catalogued just under 300, so a few more to go before the job is done.
Many of you will be aware that I have suffered from ME/CFS for the past 8 years or so, and may be surprised by the amount of physical work I'm doing now. Well, I've suspected that I 'd shrugged off the condition for the past few months, but, having been caught out twice previously only to discover the problem returned with a vengeance, I thought I'd give it a while before I started to test myself. Following the past three weeks, with much physical activity and a week's holiday walking in hilly country, I'm now convinced I have finally defeated the beast. It's a great feeling, as you can imagine. But I've aged 8 years and lost a good deal of strength and fitness along the way, so I need to start a programme of exercise to regain my former physical condition.
But it's truly wonderful to be free of the many symptoms I suffered over those years. I aim to make the best of the years ahead. And, as a start to that, I'm going to join the NaNoWriMo  and attempt to write a popular novel during the month of November. Watch this space for my progress. For those unfamiliar with this challenge, the idea is to write the first 50,000 words of a novel during the month of November.
So, wish me luck and join me here as I detail my progress.

Pic: Wandering way; a public footpath outside Driffield, East Yorkshire.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: