Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Sunday 11 March 2012

Writing This Week

Not been the smoothest of weeks, for all sorts of reasons.
But, I've finally found the 'voice' for the NaNoWriMo novel, after a number of false starts. It means some modification, but will result in a better book, so worth the effort. I've done the first 3 chapters so far and I'm finally feeling pleased with the results.
No short stories this week. But I've completed a new blog post and continued with the debate on ethics and morals, as shown a couple of posts below this one. Why not get involved? I'm working towards a discussion on piracy of books, so it should interest most of you.
Been a bit off colour this week again, following last week's virus, but now on the way to recovery.
Also been making a start on some technical help for a female friend, who writes well but hasn't a clue about technical issues. She needs to get her work published as ebooks and I've offered my help. Initially, I'm intending to run a bit of promotion for her work (all erotica of the more gentle and romantic sort, I gather) here until I can get a blog set up for her. She's new to the idea of publishing and is still choosing her pen name, so I can't even flag that up yet. But her writing is good, so worth the effort and the wait.
It's been a week of bits and pieces: I'll be glad to get back to a bit of normality. Whatever that might be!
Still, did manage a reasonable walk with Valerie during the week. And I'm picking up some of the technical improvements on Photoshop Elements 10, which I installed a couple of weeks back. So, some progress, even if I feel I could have been more productive.
Keep reading and, if you write, writing.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Kitty's Blogspace said...

I didn't realize you'd written a nano novel. I participated last year and won. XD But the story had no planning prior to Nano so it was my first time as a panster and my 80K = words amounted to no solid structure.

Now I have to go through and add some solid structure to what I have written thus far and see how I can fit what I wrote into it.

I like the story, but it needs a lot of ironing out. XD

stuartaken.net said...

Mine, too, was relatively unplanned, Kitty. Although I'd been thinking about the theme for a while. I made 112,242 words in the time allowed and I'm now whittling it down to something both readable and, hopefully, publishable. Good luck with yours.