Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Sunday 21 July 2013

En Route to Publication


Fantastic Books Publishing, having viewed my first 3000 words of the adult epic fantasy trilogy, have 
asked to see the whole MS. Fantastic! I know this relatively new publishing venture through a previous association, when I was asked to provide a story for a contest winner’s anthology of speculative fiction. Fusion ran with my story, Rebirth, as a sample of professional sci-fi writing alongside those contest winners.

Now, this publisher is considering my fantasy. A Seared Sky runs to 3 volumes, of course. I’ve already written books 1 and 2 and I long ago drew the map to accompany the story that takes place in my imagined world. Book 3 is well under way, with 8,500 words written so far. Book 1, Joinings, is now under consideration. As you can imagine, I’m delighted, excited, and looking forward to a long and fruitful association with Fantastic Books Publishing.

Many of you will know that I’ve self-published a number of books and may wonder why I’d want to become involved with a publisher for this project. I am a writer. I prefer to use my time to write. Whilst I’m perfectly capable of preparing a book for publication in either eBook format or for POD printing, and even design my own covers, I’d prefer to spend that time in actually writing. All the onerous, for a writer, tasks involved in preparation of a MS for conversion to the formats required for publication will be taken care of by the publisher. Cover design will be devolved to a professional designer, with input from me as author. As for marketing; well, we all know that writers are deeply involved in promoting their own work, however it reaches the readers. The difference will be that I won’t have to design and run the publicity events. I’ll merely have to be involved in promotion. I think that’s a worthwhile sacrifice of the small reduction in royalty this publisher takes for their professional involvement and expertise.

I trust this publisher. They already have a good track record. And I’ve met Daniel Grubb, CEO, through other published writers. Such recommendation is always valuable, I think. So, I look forward to the adoption of the book by Fantastic Books Publishing; by no means a done deal at this stage, but one I hope will come to fruition. I’ll keep you informed of the progress as I take this route to further publication and I’ll let you all know as soon as we have a launch date.

If you have something ready for publication, why not consider this publisher? Have a look at their website and see what they have already produced, see their terms and conditions and maybe try your work with them.  Here’s a link to their website: http://www.fantasticbookspublishing.com/about/

No comments: