Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Tuesday 1 April 2014

The Month of March; a Busy Time!

Those of you who follow my blog will be well aware that I’ve been rather active during March. So I’ll make this brief, if you don’t mind.

I’ve written 25 posts for this blog and some others as a guest, read 3 books and reviewed 2 of them. I’ve done a deep edit on 25 chapters, averaging 4,000 words apiece, of the third book of my epic fantasy. I’ve read two writing mags and updated the writing contests page twice. And I’ve worked with my editor in the preparation and participation in the launch of my latest book. That was Joinings: A Seared Sky, for those who haven’t been paying attention!

So, no contests entered, and no stories written or submitted to journals. But a new book on the stocks, which must count for something, surely? I committed to publishing four new books this year. One done, another three to go.

The chart, explained:
Writing - initial creation of stories, blog posts, reviews and longer works.
Editing - polishing of all written work to make it suitable for readers.
Research - discovery of info for story content, market research, contests and blog posts.
Reading - books and writing magazines.
Networking - emails, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and comments.
Admin - story submission, blog posting, marketing, organisation, tax, and general admin tasks.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: