Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Thursday 24 March 2011

Edit,Edit, Edit.

"Study drawing shows the allegorical figu...Image via WikipediaTwo more chaps done on book 2. 10 more of book 1 corrected. So, not a bad day.
Posted another author interview and wrote and posted a review for a book by the same author.
Walked to the doc's to pick up prescriptions - timely, as my chronic problem decided to haunt me again this morning. As rest is the only cure, I've not done half the things I intended and will now have to give up for the day and go and relax for the rest of the evening. Still, there's a new dramatisation of Women In Love on the goggle box, so I'll put my feet up and imbibe a drop of the red stuff whilst I see what sort of job they make of this one.

And, why, you ask, the nude? Well, she's the allegorical figure of 'Romance' and came up from the links that Zemanta found from trawling the content of this text. This application seems to have a mind of its own and sometimes makes the most inexplicable links. This one happens to be in the public domain, so is free from copyright. And it's a piece that celebrates rather than exploits female beauty, so it's fine with me. How about you?
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

David Ferretti III said...

Hello Stuart.
It sounds like you pack everything into a normal day that’s possible. My days are similar except I tend to animals (Horses, dogs and cats), all rescued and of course hungry all of the time. I live amid hundreds of acres of farmer’s fields and people keep dropping off their unwanted pets. My farmstead sits atop the highest point of land in my county and on a clear day I can see twenty miles in all directions. Add another ten miles if I am standing on top of my fifty foot windmill tower.

I liked your picture—a symbolic figure reading a book—who could possibly object. Now if I only had a reading partner like that it would inspire me to write faster.

stuartaken.net said...

Now you're just making me jealous, David. All that land and such views. I have to travel to find an elevation with that sort of distant panorama. At sea level, you can see 3 miles to the horizon, and where I live is quite flat, though the gentle hills are just on my doorstep and I get to them as often as possible.
As for the drawing; some people will object to anything, almost as a matter of principle, it seems, so thanks for the support.