Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Saturday 2 November 2013

September and October Combined Results

The usual monthly progress report covers 2 months this time. We had reason to celebrate and decided
to do so in style, since it’ll be the last for a long while. The silver wedding combined with my retirement from employment and ability to work full time as a writer called for a special break. That occurred across the 2 months, starting toward the end of September and ending in the second week of October. Added to that was a short break we took to visit my brother and his wife in the Yorkshire Dales. So a somewhat interrupted work period.

Of course, the fact that I had to stop writing the fantasy for a while meant I needed to re-read what I’d already written on our return from Santorini, before I could continue with it. I completed that re-read just in time for the month end, which is just as well, as I’m taking part in NaNoWriMo this year and using it as a deeper motivation to finish the fantasy book. (See post below, if you’re interested).

On holiday, I’d intended to read quite a lot, but the company, surroundings, events we took part in and the need for rest in between meant I didn’t read quite as much as expected. Nevertheless, I did read a few books, and reviewed them on my return. I also reviewed on Tripadvisor all the places we’d visited whilst on holiday.

So, the chart gives an indication but is not as reliable or accurate as usual. Make of it what you will.
November will be dedicated to the writing of the final book in the trilogy and I’ve already written 5,700 words over yesterday and this morning. I’m aiming at 3,500 words a day, so a few more to do after I’ve posted this piece.

Once again, let us all know how you’re progressing with your writing. It’s easy to place a comment here, after all.

The chart, explained:
Writing - initial creation of stories, blog posts, reviews and longer works.
Editing - polishing of all written work to make it suitable for readers.
Research - discovery of info for story content, market research, contests and blog posts.
Reading - books and writing magazines.
Networking - emails, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and comments.

Admin - story submission, blog posting, marketing, organisation, tax, and general admin tasks.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: