Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Sunday 4 December 2011

Free Book for Xmas, Help Yourself, and Smile.

It's about time I rewarded my readers with a small gift, so I've published a short story in ebook form for all of you. But, Baby, It's Cold Outside is available through Smashwords for all ebook formats and platforms. All you need to do is click here.
For those of you who don't have an ereader, no problem. You can download a couple from here, just by clicking on the links:
For the Kindle on your PC, click here for UK and here for USA & rest of the world.
For the Adobe ereader, click here.

But, Baby It's Cold Outside is intended for an adult readership and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone under 15 years of age, though there is nothing either crude or violent in this story of an interrupted NewYear's Eve between lovers.


But, Baby It's Cold Outside
I'm seeing in the New Year, with my chosen lover, in front of the fire. Wonderful. Until, that is, an unidentified rural noise makes the townie nervous and something must be done to restore the magic.

Enjoy. And an early Happy New year to all. By all means, spread the word to your friends and family. I'd like to give the gift to as many people as possible. Spread the joy, I say.

Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

Penny Grubb said...

Thanks, Stuart. What great timing. Just heading out from Hull on the 7am to London for a couple of days in the other day job and one of your short storries is exactly the thing I need. I've downloaded it but have resisted reading at once. It's for the long journey back late on Tuesday evening when I'll be cold and tired. Something to look forward to.

stuartaken.net said...

Hope you enjoy it, Penny.

Linda Acaster said...

Great idea, Stuart, and good of you to offer it so early in the season, before we all go totally demented. Not you, of course.

April Taylor said...

I always find with SA's work that you can never take it on face value. Here we have, superficially at least, a story about sexual equality. But is it as simple as that? Difficult to tell because the humour tends to distract the reader, in the nicest possible way. I loved the description of her slipping over on the ice. And the dotty neighbour was beautifully drawn with the least possible strokes but still comes over as a fully fledged character. So what is the theme of this story? Compromise? Lust? Or a revelation that the sexes can never be equal, but omitting to say which comes out on top - pun intended.

stuartaken.net said...

Linda; thanks: I take it you mean I'm already totally demented? And here was Me thinking I'd hidden the lunacy so well!
Avril, many thanks for your considered thoughts. I shall leave it to the reader to determine the true meaning, of course. Don't you just love the multi-layering potential of fiction writing?