Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Sunday 8 January 2012

Writing, Reading, Blogging.

Plato's Symposium (Anselm Feuerbach, 1873)
Image via Wikipedia

So, the first week of the New Year is over, done, gone. And what have I achieved? Well, I've updated my Writing Contests page, which takes a bit of work and time. I've written three lengthy posts for the blog, the first of which has appeared and the next of which will appear on Thursday. The free read for the novel seems to be meeting with some good reaction; Chapter 1 will appear on Friday, now that the Prologue has featured.
I've completed my 'To Read' page on both Goodreads, and on my blog here; see the tab above. A deliberate exercise aimed at getting me to stick to my intention of reading an average of 1 book a week. Of course, I haven't finished the book I was already reading, but Plato's The Republic is hardly a quick read. And, incidentally, is the reason I haven't yet started to edit the novel I wrote during the NaNoWriMo challenge in November. Having come to this book late in life, I wish I'd read it 35 years ago. It contains so many of the themes I use in the novel that I've decided I need to finish reading it before I start on the editing. So, that's the priority task now.
Watch this space: I'll be doing a short run-down like this each Sunday.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: